Fruit Flambe Sundae
- 2x Apples
- 2x Pears
- ¼ cup Icing sugar
- ¼ cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1x teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½x teaspoon clove
- 1x teaspoon nutmeg
- 150g Butter
- ½ cup soft brown sugar
- ¼ cup Cointreau
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 200g Cream
- Peel apples and pears - remove core and thinly slice. Place into a bowl with icing sugar, orange juice, vanilla essence, cloves & nutmeg.
- In a pan melt butter and sugar - stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Add apple and pears, stir and simmer for 5 mins. Add Cointreau and light to burn off alcohol.
- Remove from heat and make sauce.
- For the Chocolate Sauce
- Heat cream in a medium sized pot until nearly boiled – do not boil.
- Add chocolate pieces to hot cream, put lid on and leave for 2 mins or until chocolate is melted.
- Whisk chocolate and cream until combined.