Modern Māori Queen of Cuisine teaches you fine dining for the typical whānau kitchen. Thursdays, 7.30pm, and available On Demand.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
WINE MATCH: Loveblock Gewurztraminer
- 2 thinly sliced Chinese sausage32 Tuatua
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 slices ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fermented black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped corriander
- 2 chopped red chillies
- In a deep pot, cook the ginger and garlic in the oil until translucent.
- Add Tua tua and remaining ingredients except coriander and chillies.
- Put a lid on the pot and leave until Tua tua are just opening.
- Put into serving dish and throw over coriander and chilli.