Jump to navigation
Jump to content
TV show sub navigation
Wainui Whitebait Fritter
- 130g whitebait
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- Oil for frying
- 1 zucchini relish for garnish
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1 olive oil
- 1 salt & pepper
- In a small bowl add the flour, baking powder and salt Beat the egg until frothy then add to the flour.
- Pour in the milk then whisk everything together to a light batter.
- Add the whitebait to the batter In a medium pan heat up till hot then add the oil.
- Add small spoons of batter mix forming small fritters.
- Cook the fritters until done then remove to a paper towel to dry In a small soup bowl.
- Peel the zucchini into the bowl.
- Zest the lemon over the zucchini then squeeze the juices in also.
- Pour in a little olive oil.
- Season with salt & pepper.