Jump to navigation
Jump to content
Spicy Seafood Combination
- 1 Mussels (shelled)
- 1 Prawns (shelled)
- 1 Squid Rings
- 60g flour
- 80ml olive oil
- 40g butter
- 1 garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 spring onion
- Tomato paste
- 150ml water
- 1½ cups white wine
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 sprig parsley (chopped)
- Pour the oil in a big saucepan, set it over medium‐high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook.
- Dust the seafood ingredients in the flour.
- Quickly add the seafood in the pan and then cook one side first for about 2 minutes, until a light crust forms.
- Flip the pieces over, and sear the second side for 2 minutes or so, until lightly colour and crusted, then remove once all are cooked to a plate and keep warm.
- Clean the pan quickly just a quick wipe then raise the heat.
- Pour in the wine, vinegar, water and tomato paste, Add the thyme and salt.
- Bring to a boil and reduce contents to a third or until thickened.
- Add the spring onion and cook 2 min.
- Add the seafood and simmer for another 4 to 5 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- Serve immediately in warm shallow soup bowls.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.