Jump to navigation
Jump to content
Northern Salmon Potato Cakes
- 200g potato mash
- 50ml milk
- 100ml cream
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp self‐raising flour
- Pepper Oil for cooking
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- 8 slices of Smoked Salmon
- Fresh dill
- Lemon wedges
- Season the pre prepared mashed potato (warmed).
- We beat in the two egg yolks into the potato mixture.
- Now we add the flour to the potato mixture and stir in thoroughly.
- Then we fold in the cream and milk into the potato mixture.
- Add seasoning to the potato mixture, salt and pepper.
- Whisk the two remaining egg whites until stiff and fold it into the batter.
- In a preheated pan we add some oil.
- Spoon in potato mixture making small heaps for individual cakes. Once the side facing down looks cooked, turn the potato cake over and cook until done.
- Arrange the cakes in the middle of the plate.
- Gently drop a dollop of crème fraiche on top of the smoked salmon.
- Garnish with dill.