Jump to navigation
Jump to content
Nepi's Rhubarb Pudding
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup hot milk
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup self raising flour
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg 60g Rhubarb Pieces cooked with lemon
- 20g Rhubarb for garnish
- 1 Caramel custard 1 Spring blossom
- Pre‐heat oven to 220 deg.
- Prepare pudding mould, wipe bottom and side with butter.
- Add the cooked rhubarb with lemon at the bottom of each mould In a small bowl cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and beat into the cake mix.
- Boil the milk, add the baking soda till it froths up then add it to the cake mix.
- Sift in the flour, spices.
- Pour the pudding mix into the mould, Seal the moulds with buttered foil.
- Place into a deep pan then fill with water until the moulds almost begin to float.
- Bake in the oven for 15‐20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes clean. Remove from oven allow to cool.