Jump to navigation
Jump to content
Coconut and Banana Fritters
- 150g (1 cup) self‐raising flour
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150ml (1 cups) soda water
- 40g (½ cup) desiccated coconut
- Plain flour, to coat
- 750ml (3 cups) peanut oil
- 1 banana, peeled cut large pieces
- Pure icing sugar, to dust
- 200g (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
- 100g butter, chopped
- To make the caramel sauce, stir the sugar, cream and butter in a saucepan over medium heat for 4‐5 minutes or until smooth.
- Sift the self‐raising flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Whisk in soda water until smooth.
- Spread coconut and plain flour over separate bowls.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat to 180ºC.
- Roll 3 pieces of banana in flour and shake off excess.
- Dip in batter then roll in coconut to coat. Carefully add to the oil. Cook for 1‐2 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Dust the fritters with icing sugar. Serve with the caramel sauce.