Jump to navigation
Jump to content
TV show sub navigation
Chicken Sate with Peanut Sauce
- 300g chicken
- Medium skewers (Soak in oil)
- ½ tbsp tamarind paste (dissolve hot water)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 salt
- 1 peanut butter (crunchy)
- 1 chilli powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Piece of Dill and a Lemon leaf
- In a small container combine all the marinade ingredients and blend.
- Finely dice the chicken then marinate for 5 minutes.
- Carefully feed the chicken onto the skewers ready for grilling.
- Using a ridged/corrugated fry pan for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- In a small pan, heat the peanut butter just to melt it through.
- Add the chilli powder, lemon juice and stir together.
- Add the soy sauce, honey and chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil then simmer until it thickens to the constituency you like.
- Add more stock if you prefer it slightly thinner.
- Place into a sauce container.