Jump to navigation
Jump to content
Chicken Coq Au Vin
- 1 Breast chicken
- 1 tbsp flour
- 80ml canola oil
- 2 streaky bacon rashers
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large tomato
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 120g sliced mushroom
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp chopped chervil
- 120ml red wine (optional) replace with chicken stock
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- First we cut our chicken to size cleaning as we go along.
- Next we season the chicken with salt & pepper.
- Lightly dust the chicken with flour.
- In a small preheated pan we add oil and quickly seal the chicken browning lightly on both sides then remove to one side.
- Now add butter to the pan then the onions, garlic, mushroom and the tomato and quickly fry for about 4 minutes.
- Add in the red wine then place the chicken back into the pan then put a lid on top leaving to cook.
- Adjust consistency of the sauce if need.