Bavarian Chicken Roulade
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 185g breast chicken
- 120g (chicken trimmings and fillet)
- 40ml cream
- 1 egg white
- ½ tsp salt
- 40g carrot
- 40g leek
- 110g mushroom finely diced
- 110g onion finely diced
- 110g tinned diced tomato
- 1 tsp dried basil finely chopped
- 2 rashers bacon finely diced
- butter and oil
- 120g carrot (cut into julienne)
- Chicken stock
- Puree together the chicken trimmings, cream, egg white and salt until light and creamy using a food processor.
- Finely slice the zucchini and the leek into long thin strips (julienne).
- Lay out a sheet of plastic wrap on the bench.
- Carefully slice open the chicken breast and inside the opening tuck in the chicken mouse, zucchini and leek filling the breast to capacity.
- Place the filled chicken breast onto the plastic wrap and then carefully wrap around the breast shaping it into a sausage shape tying off the ends into a knot.
- Place into a small pot filled with cold water.
- Bring the pot to the boil then turn the heat down and simmer the chicken until cooked around 15 – 20 minutes – when cooked let it rest for five minutes then angle slice in half.
- In a small pan add the butter, oil, mushroom, onion, diced tomato , bacon, basil and heat together until cooked season with salt and pepper.
More posts from this episode