Jump to navigation
Jump to content
TV show sub navigation
Alaskan Beef Wellington
- 224g beef tenderloin
- 60g butter
- 120g button mushroom
- 60g white onion
- 1 sprig parsley
- 120g liver pâté
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 Pick of Chives (8)
- 1 potato and herb puree hash
- 1 dash meat glaze
- Preheat the oven to 200.
- Trim the beef fillet to suit the dish then season with salt and pepper.
- In a hot pan quickly seal the fillet till nicely browned then cook to medium.
- When the fillet is cooked to medium remove from the pan and leave to rest on a plate.
- Using the same pan, heat it up. When it gets hot add some butter.
- Quickly add the mushrooms and onions and sauté until the liquids dry up.
- Remove from the pan then set mixture aside to cool.
- Next we lay out our pastry sheet.
- We then spread the softened pate on top of the pastry.
- Then spread the mushroom‐ onion and mixture on top of the pate.
- Carefully place the beef on top of the mushroom mixture.
- Now we carefully encase the fillet inside the pastry sealing the edges with the egg.
- Place a small piece of pastry over the join then place onto a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Cut two holes on top of the pastry and decorate with an extra piece of pastry.
- Brush the surface of the pastry with egg wash.
- Roast for about 15 minutes or until the pastry has browned.
- Once cooked place aside for 5 minutes to allow the beef to settle and relax.
- Garnish with the potato and herb hash.
- Finish with the meat glaze.