A fitness series hosted by Amiria Ellison.
Bio: Jamus Webster (Te Arawa & Tūhoe) is a Maori Weaponry expert, Mau Rakau instructor , TV presenter and actor. He was the weaponry expert on the Māori language movie, Deadlands and is currently presenting the Māori general knowledge quiz show Patapātai on Māori Television. He’s also a kapa haka tutor and performs with Waka Huia.
Type of Exercise: Waewae workout! A traditional leg conditioning routine – warrior training!
Intensity level: High impact
Instructor: Jamus Webster
Main exercise moves that feature in this episode: Nekehanga Tapuwae, (Following the footsteps of our ancestors)
- Whakapakari Waewae (Strengthening the Legs) and Warrior Training
- Papa Horonuku is a squatting dance to strengthen and stretch the legs and improve balance.
- Tū Waewae = Footwork drills
- Tū Mārō = Stand strong
- Kōwharawhara Pakiaka = Footwork training grid
- Whakaropiropi Ai = Cat and mouse catch me if you can type of drill.