A fitness series hosted by Amiria Ellison.
Type of Exercise: Today - Body weight exercises
Intensity level: Low impact
Instructor: Nathan Martin
Bio: Nathan Martin is the Les Mills Personal Training Manager in Lower Hutt, and runs the community health and fitness group Change Fitness www.changefitness.co.nz. Their mission is to help you feel good about yourself. Change Fitness provides health & fitness services to improve your life, and they believe everyone has the potential to be a great Role Model and are passionate about guiding you to your next finish line.
Main exercise moves that feature in this episode:
- Haere tītaha paki ki te rangi = Go sideways and clap to the sky
- Nohotau papaki runga = Squats and high tens
- Haere tītaha papaki ringa = Step aside, touch and clap
- Kumekumea = Push and pull
- Nonoho = Squat
- Nonoho, papaki = Squat and clap
- When you squat keep your chest proud, heels on the floor, leading with your glutes.
- Working out with friends and whanau can help you get motivated, kick start and maintain an exercise routine.
- Integrating your upper and lower body while exercising will increase your heart rate faster.