An entertaining cooking show hosted by Cameron Petley. Each week Cam shares secret family recipes, favourite markets, tips and tricks to pick the freshest local produce.
Wild pork with Mushroom and Marsala
- 1 large onion
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms
- ½ cup brown mushrooms
- ½ cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil for frying
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- Bunch of parsley
- Prepare the onions and mushrooms by slicing them thinly. If your pork has bones, cut them away and then give the meat a pounding with the flat side of a tenderiser or rolling pin.
- Flatten the pork until it is around 8ml thick.
- Pour the flour in a bowl and season with salt and pepper before draining your pork through. Cook it in hot oil for a couple of minutes on each side until brown. Add the onions and mushrooms and let them cook down a bit.
- Pour in the marsala wine and let it boil away until it has thickened up and the pork has cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper and pop on a garnish of chopped parsley.