An entertaining cooking show hosted by Cameron Petley. Each week Cam shares secret family recipes, favourite markets, tips and tricks to pick the freshest local produce. Available On Demand.
Pickled cucumber salad with salmon
- 1 200 grm salmon fillet
- 1 cucumber (sliced thin)
- 420grm tin white butter beans (strained)
- 1/2 red onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 bunch coriander
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 cup greek yoghurt
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs cumin
- 1 Tbs dried coriander
- flakey sea salt
- oil for frying
- salt and pepper
- Place cucumber into a bowl and heavily season with flakey sea salt let sit for 10-20 mins then rinse under cold water and strain off excess liquid by squeezing place into clean bowl.
- Into another bowl place yoghurt and spices with sugar and the juice of a lemon then add onion and beans add cucumber and mix well season to taste and set aside.
- Lightly oil salmon and season cook in a pan skin side down until lightly golden turn onto an oven-proof dish and finish cooking in preheated oven at 200deg for 6 mins or until cooked.
- Assemble salad on plate topped with salmon garnish with lemon cheek and coriander.
- Equipment: oven proof dish, mixing bowls frying pan potato peeler.