An entertaining cooking show hosted by Cameron Petley. Each week Cam shares secret family recipes, favourite markets, tips and tricks to pick the freshest local produce. Available On Demand.
Watercress soup with Crayfish tortellini:
- 12 fresh water koura (de-veined and finely chopped)
- bunch of watercress
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup peas
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 egg white (whisked)
- 9 wonton wrappers (pressed into circles)
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- water for boiling
- Add to a bowl koura, mirin, rice wine vinegar, chilli, coriander, egg whites and mix well, season with salt and pepper.
- Take a wonton wrapper, place on bench and put a spoonful of mixture into the middle.
- Wet around the edges with a little water and fold pressing together the edges then fold again and press to form a tortellini.
- Repeat until all wrappers are used, drop into a pot of boiling water and cook until tender.
- Sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Add chicken stock then bring to the boil.
- Add peas and watercress. cook for 5 mins and blend with stick blender and season.
- Ladle soup into a bowl.
- Put in a couple of tortellini and garnish with coloured micro cress.