An entertaining cooking show hosted by Cameron Petley. Each week Cam shares secret family recipes, favourite markets, tips and tricks to pick the freshest local produce. Available On Demand.
Ep 16 - Fish curry with bananas
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- cooking oil for frying
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 3cm knob of ginger, julienned
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1x400ml can coconut cream
- 2x200g snapper fillets, cubed
- 12 prawns
- 2x bananas, sliced
- 1 bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
Sweat down onions and garlic in a med-hot frying pan in a little oil. Add chilli, spring onion and ginger and cook for 2 mins. Sprinkle over curry powder and cook for another 2 minutes. Then add fish sauce and coconut cream, and bring to the boil.
Turn down the heat to a gentle simmer. Add snapper and poach for 4 minutes. Add prawns and bananas and simmer for another 4 minutes. Add chopped coriander and gently stir through. Season to taste with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
Serve with steamed rice.