Jump to navigation
Jump to content
TV show sub navigation
- 14 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups cream
- 4 vanilla pods
- 12 ramekins
- Boiling water
- 1 tsp sugar
- Separate 14 egg yolks from their whites and whisk the egg yolks together with the sugar.
- Slice open the vanilla pods and scrape out their seeds.
- Pour the cream into a pan over a medium heat and infuse the cream with the vanilla pods and seeds. Let the cream sit until it begins to bubble and remove it from the heat.
- Remove the vanilla pods from the cream before slowly adding the cream into the egg yolk and sugar mixture stirring constantly.
- Run it through a sieve into another bowl and with a spoon carefully remove the bubbles and froth from the top.
- Pour the brulee mix into your ramekins and place them in an oven proof tray.
- Pour boiling water around the tray to help the crème brulee bake through and with a kitchen torch blow away any excess bubbles.
- Cover the tray with foil and pop it in the oven at 150˙ for 32 minutes.
- Once done dust the tops of each crème brulee with sugar and caramelize the sugar with your kitchen torch until golden.
- Serve with your choice of ice cream and slithered almonds to garnish.