An entertaining cooking show hosted by Cameron Petley. Each week Cam shares secret family recipes, favourite markets, tips and tricks to pick the freshest local produce. Available On Demand.
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 tsp water
- ¼ cup toasted coconut
- Butterscotch Sauce
- 60g butter
- 125g brown sugar
- 150ml cream
- 30ml rum
- ¼ cup corn flour
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup soda water
- 2 bananas
- Oil for frying
- 200ml coconut cream
- 2 Tbs icing sugar
- Starting with the praline, place the sugar and water into a pot over a medium heat stirring constantly until the sugar turns a golden colour.
- Pour the sugar over the toasted coconut and leave it set for a few seconds.
- Once it has set place the coconut into a zip lock bag and smash the praline into crumbs.
- Next, for the butterscotch sauce, place the butter, brown sugar and cream into a saucepan and dissolve over a medium heat stirring constantly.
- Then add the rum and immediately take it off the heat and stir.
- For the batter whisk together the corn flour, flour, baking powder and soda water in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat a pot of oil to 180˙ and while that heats cut 2 bananas in to portions.
- Dip the banana pieces in the batter and fry the fritters in the oil until golden.
- Whip together the coconut cream and icing sugar and serve with the fritters, praline, butterscotch sauce and your choice of ice cream.
- Garnish with edible flowers.