“Silver Fern Sports Got Skills”
Description of Competition:
The focus of Silver Fern Sports Got Skills is to showcase the amazing talents of our grass roots sports community.
The Big Hit will run a competition over 13 weeks. Viewers will be asked to submit a clip performing a great try, skateboard trick, amazing soccer goals, basketball dunks, or any great sporting achievement. Entries can be submitted as an individual or as a team but must not be from a sporting professional.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- By entering into “Silver Fern Got Skills” promotion (“Promotion”) you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- The Big Hit will start promoting the competition on the show on Thursday 22 May at 10:00 pm
- A weekly winner will be selected over 13 weeks and each weekly winner will be entered in to the grand final selection
- The first weekly winner will be announced on Thursday 26 June on The Big Hit show
- The grand prize winners will be announced on Thursday 25 September on The Big Hit show and will mark the end of the competition
To enter the Promotion you must:
- Submit a video of an impressive play or trick of you, a team or family member and you go into the draw to win a weekly prize package of Sliver Fern Sports gear up to the value of $230
- Entries that are selected as a weekly winner will be entered into the grand final selection to win from a prize pool of $20,000
- By submitting your entry to Māori Television, you are aware that it is at Māori Television’s discretion to decide the top three clips each week that will be uploaded to The Big Hit’s Facebook page.
- The Big Hit will select up to three clips weekly to be voted by the public on The Big Hit show page on the Māori Television website – www.maoritelevision.com/tv/shows/big-hit
- Entrants and voters are encouraged to share the clips on their social media to gather votes for their preferred clip but voting will only be counted on the polling system on the Māori Television page.
- Voters can cast 3 votes per week
- Entrants must not submit any illegal plays or tricks. Entries must be your property. By entering this clip you take full responsibility with gaining the consent of all people involved in the clip.
- Weekly winners will receive a prize package that is valued up to $230 as stipulated on The Big Hit each week.
- Weekly winners are entered in the grand final selection to receive three Grand Prizes consists of Silver Fern Sports gear to the amount of:
1st Prize: $12,500
2nd Prize: $7,000
3rd Prize: $2,500
- Prizes will be awarded at Māori Television’s discretion. All decisions are final.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Māori Television and its suppliers, contractors and agents will not be liable for any cost, loss, damage or claim, whether direct, indirect and howsoever caused which is suffered or incurred by any person as a result of or in connection with entering the Promotion or accepting and/or using the prize.
- Māori Television will not be liable for any person’s inability to enter the Promotion due to any equipment or technical malfunction, network error or if our site or any entry mechanism is unavailable and is not responsible for entries not received. Incomplete, illegible or fraudulent entries are not valid.
- If entry into the Promotion requires you to submit content to Māori Television you must read and agree with the Rules for When You Give Us Content which can be found here https://www.maoritelevision.com/terms-access.
- Employees, contractors and agents of Māori Television and immediate family members of employees, contractors and agents of Māori Television are not eligible to enter. You must be a New Zealand resident to enter the Promotion.
- If a prize winner is under 18, Māori Television may require that prize winner’s parent or guardian give permission to the prize winner accepting the prize.
- Māori Television’s decision in relation to the prize winner and/or any other aspect of this Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any questions about the Promotion should be directed to Māori Television at: The Big Hit Competition: firstname.lastname@example.org.