Māori Television is celebrating Ata Mārie Waitangi 2015 with a two-hour live-to-air broadcast on the morning of 6 February 2015.
GRILLED MUSSELS WITH KRANSKY SAUSAGE
- 50 fresh green lipped mussels
- 1 cup of kransky sausage (wild pork and venison), chopped
- 300g Mozarella Cheese
- 100ml olive oil
- tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chilly, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2T sweet soy sauce
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- salt and cracked pepper
Oven / Grill
Gas or electric hob
Selection of frying pan
- Clean the mussel shell by removing any barnacles, pull the beard free.
- Place the mussels in a large saucepan and pour in some water.
- Cover and place on high heat. Steam mussels for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the saucepan as they open.
- Discard any that don't open.
- When mussels are cool enough to handle remove the top half of each shell.
- Cut free the mussel meat and place back into remaining shell.
- Arrange mussels onto a baking dish ready for grilling.
- In a saucepan add the olive oil and place on medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic and chili then add the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, handful of basil and a tablespoon of sweet soy sauce.
- Turn down the heat and cook for 10 minutes and reduce a little.
- Remove from the heat, whisk in the butter.
- Season to taste.
- Pre-heat oven grill.
- Spoon a good amount of sauce over each mussel.
- Top with diced kransky and grated mozarella.
- Place tray of mussels under the grill.
- Cook for 2 or 3 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Pull the tray from the oven and arrange the mussels on a platter.
- Sprinkle over some freshly chopped basil and serve hot or cold.
STIR FRIED SCALLOPS
- 3 doz scallops
- 100g butter
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 2T sweet soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ginger, grated
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 orange capsicum, chopped
- 1 pkt mung-beans
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 100g roasted cashew nuts
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan add butter and sesame oil, stir in the ginger and garlic.
- Place scallops into pan and lightly saute both sides.
- Remove from pan and keep warm to the side.
- Toss into pan the spring onions, capsicums, mung-beans, cashew nuts and fresh coriander.
- Saute all ingredients for 3 minutes.
- Finally add the scallops back to the mix, pour sweet soy over the top and mix well.
- Season to taste if needed.