Tūhono mai ki a Kahurangi Maxwell mō te hōtaka whakataetae tunu kai ā whānau tino mutunga mai o te reka.
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 20mins
Makes: 24 pieces
- 125grms butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup self raising flour
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 115 grms butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp gelatine
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp strawberry essence flavouring
- 2 drops of red or pink food colouring
125 grms good quality dark chocolate (i.e. 70% cocoa)
- Preheat an oven to 180C. Line a 20cm x 30cm tin with baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy. Stir through the flour. Press mixture evenly into base of tin evenly. Bake for 20 minutes until cooked. Cool.
- To make the caramel, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat gently. Once butter is melted, continue to cook the caramel at a medium heat stirring constantly to prevent sticking, for another 5 minutes. Spread evenly over base and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle gelatine over boiling water and stir to dissolve. Beat sugar, flavour, colour and gelatine on high with an electric beater for a few minutes or until the mixture is light, fluffy and nearly cooled. Spread over base. Set in fridge.
- When marshmallow is completely set, spread over the chocolate and return to fridge. Cut into pieces when cold