Jump to navigation
Jump to content
TV show sub navigation
- 125g butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups standard plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 75g butter
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking powder and ginger together, then mix into the creamed mixture.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured board and knead well.
- Press dough in a greased 20 x 30cm sponge roll tin.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until light brown.
- Pour ginger icing over the cooked based while hot and cut into squares before it gets cold.
- In a small pot, combine butter, icing sugar, golden syrup and ginger. Heat until butter is melted, stirring continuously.
More posts from this episode