Jump to navigation
Jump to content
TV show sub navigation
- 2C flour
- 3/4C cocoa powder
- 2C sugar
- 1tsp b powder
- 2tsp b soda
- 1tsp salt
- 1C milk
- 1C vege oil
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 3tsp milo or coffee (depending on whether im feeding kids) (though if im feeding Jo's kids i would add extra coffee!) in 3/4C boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 (fanbake).
- Grease and flour a standard cake tin
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- Add eggs, vege oil, vanilla essence, milk. Add milo or coffee in boiling water last and mix.
- Bake for approx 45 mins in the oven. It will be ready when a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the cake tin for 15-20 mins.
- Place on a cooling rack. Ice when cool.
- 250g butter
- 1/4 c milk
- 3/4 cup cocoa (not cadbury though)
- 2 c icing sugar
- Whip butter while heating in pot.
- Add cocoa and icing sugar gradually, then gradually add milk while still whipping. (You might find you have some extra icing left over.)
More posts from this episode