Ka whakanuia te angitū me te hiranga o te iwi Māori e Ngā Tohu Matariki.
Te Waipuna-ā-Rangi Award for Arts and Entertainment is special recognition of the extraordinary contribution, sacrifice and commitment of an individual in the New Zealand arts and entertainment industry.
Tangiwai Margaret Ria
- Value of contribution to New Zealand society and impact on the local community, region and/or nation.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding and commitment in a leadership capacity.
- Involvement in establishing and/or setting the direction of a not-for-profit group, organisation and/or cause.
- Value of contribution to Māori and non-Maori development of the arts and entertainment industry with positive social, economic and/or cultural benefits.
- Length of service in the arts and entertainment sector, paid and/or unpaid.
- Degree of difficulty in achievement and innovative, creative and thoughtful approaches to overcoming challenges.
- Concerted effort in working towards quality goals and outcomes.
- Demonstrated guidance, support, training and encouragement of peers and/or future practitioners.
- Involvement in wider arts and entertainment development and programmes, paid and/or unpaid.
- Proven participation in arts and entertainment courses, forums, conventions and/or community activities such as wānanga.
- Must be a New Zealand citizen or hold a Resident or Permanent Resident Visa.
- Must be available to attend the Matariki Awards 2017 gala ceremony – Friday 21 July 2017.
- Past winners of this award are ineligible.