Ka whakanuia te angitū me te hiranga o te iwi Māori e Ngā Tohu Matariki.
Te Ururangi Award for Education is special recognition of the extraordinary contribution, sacrifice and commitment of an individual in the New Zealand education sector.
- Value of contribution to New Zealand society and impact on the local community, region and/or nation.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding and commitment in a leadership capacity.
- Value of contribution in improving academic, social, economic, and/or cultural outcomes for all New Zealanders.
- Development of curriculum and strategies best delivering on the national Māori education model.
- Length of service in the education sector, paid and/or unpaid.
- Degree of difficulty in academic achievement and sustained effort in maintaining ongoing professional development.
- Concerted effort in working towards quality goals and outcomes.
- Demonstrated guidance, support, training and encouragement of peers and/or future educators.
- Involvement in wider education development and programmes, paid and/or unpaid.
- Proven participation in educational courses, forums, conventions and/or community activities such as wānanga.
- Must be a New Zealand citizen or hold a Resident or Permanent Resident Visa.
- Must be available to attend the Matariki Awards 2017 gala ceremony – Friday 21 July 2017.
- Past winners of this award are ineligible.