Ka whakanuia te angitū me te hiranga o te iwi Māori e Ngā Tohu Matariki.
Te Tupu-ā-Nuku Award for Business and Innovation is special recognition of inspiring New Zealanders whose game-changing discoveries, research or innovations are a driving force in our society. An innovation can include a product, service, process and/or technology across any industry.
- Value of contribution to New Zealand society and impact on the local community, region and/or nation.
- Value of contribution to Māori and non-Māori development of the business and innovation sector with positive social, economic and/or cultural benefits.
- Evidence of a competitive solution to a market need, commercial potential, sustainable strategy for growth and national and/or global appeal.
- Degree of difficulty in achievement and innovative, creative and thoughtful approaches to overcoming challenges.
- Clear vision for enhancement and adaption to best meet the needs of the business and/or innovation.
- Concerted effort in working towards quality goals and outcomes and proven track record in quantifying the value of the business and and/or innovation.
- Proven ability to take the product, service, process and/or technology to the next level.
- Demonstrated guidance, support, training and encouragement of peers.
- Involvement in wider business and innovation development and programmes, paid and/or unpaid.
- Proven participation in courses, forums, conventions and/or community activities.
- Must be a New Zealand citizen or hold a Resident or Permanent Resident Visa.
- Must be available to attend the Matariki Awards 2017 gala ceremony – Friday 21 July 2017.
- Past winners of this award are ineligible.