Ka whakanuia te angitū me te hiranga o te iwi Māori e Ngā Tohu Matariki.
Hiwa i te Rangi Award for Community is a new category in 2017 in special recognition of the outstanding contribution and achievements of community programmes, projects and/or initiatives. Community engagement, empowerment and/or partnership must be a key element of entries.
- Value of contribution to New Zealand society and impact on the local community, region and/or nation.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding and commitment in a leadership capacity.
- Involvement in establishing and/or setting the direction of a not-for-profit group, organisation and/or cause.
- Value of contribution to Māori and non-Maori community development with positive social, economic and/or cultural benefits.
- Degree of difficulty in community achievement and innovative, creative and thoughtful approaches to overcoming challenges.
- Length of service and involvement in the wider community sector, paid and/or unpaid.
- Demonstrated guidance, support, training and encouragement of peers and/or future practitioners.
- Concerted effort in working towards quality goals and outcomes.
- Contribution to charitable and community projects
- Proven participation in community courses, forums, conventions and/or activities such as wānanga.
- Must be a New Zealand citizen or hold a Resident or Permanent Resident Visa.
- Must be available to attend the Matariki Awards 2017 gala ceremony – Friday 21 July 2017.
- Past winners of this award are ineligible.