Matariki Awards 2017
- Te Reo:Kore
Call for Nominations from 10 January - 30 March 2017
Ka whakanuia te angitū me te hiranga o te iwi Māori e Ngā Tohu Matariki 2017. He huarahi waatea tēnei ki te whakanui i te hunga nō rātau nei te kohara, te auahatanga me te ngākau nui ki te whakapau kaha mō ā tātau hapori me te motu. Ko rātau ngā toa o ngā toa.
Kei te kimi whakaingoatanga a Whakaata Māori mō ēnei wāhanga e waru. Terms and Conditions apply
- Te Whetū Maiangi Award for Young Achievers – inspirational rangatahi proactive in social and community situations, motivating and encouraging others.
- Te Ururangi Award for Education – trailblazers making a significant contribution to the development of mātauranga Māori or Māori knowledge.
- Te Waipuna-ā-Rangi Award for Arts and Entertainment – creative professionals leading the way in literature, performing arts, media arts or visual arts.
- Te Tupu-ā-Rangi Award for Health and Science – healthcare and science experts dedicated to improving the physical and mental wellbeing of New Zealanders.
- Te Waitā Award for Sport – extraordinary men and women excelling in the sporting arena both at home and overseas.
- Te Tupu-ā-Nuku Award for Business and Innovation – game changers in their field making an impact and driving our economy and society forward.
- Te Waitī Award for Te Reo and Tikanga – individuals championing the revitalisation of the Māori language and culture.
Hiwa i te Rangi Award for Community – a new category in 2017 showcasing Māori groups and organisations that play a vital role in the social, economic, cultural and environmental prosperity of their rohe (region).