Ka tohaina e ngā tauira 13 ā rātau tohutao ki ā Rex Morgan, kaitao, ka whāngai atu ki ō rātau whānau ki te arotake.
- 1 Leg of lamb pepper 1.5kg, boned out - Waewae reme
- 8 small peruperu (Māori purple potatoes)
- 1 big Kumara
- 2 Carrots - Kareti
- ½ tbsp Garlic - Kāriki
- ½ tbsp Rosemary - Rohimere
- ½ tbsp Parsley - Parehi
- ½ tbsp Coriander - Koriana
- Salt and pepper - Tote pepa pango
- 75ml Olive oil - Hinu oriwa
- ½ tbsp Kawakawa
- 1/2 Lemon zest - Hā rēmana
- Bone out Lamb leg, rub oil and the herbs over the meat. Marinate overnight in the fridge in a covered dish.
- To cook, allow the meat to come up to room temperature, season with salt and pepper.
- Put a little oil into a pan then sear all sides of the lamb.
- Put into roasting dish and roast in oven at 180°C for 35 – 45mins.
- Once cooked, rest for 10mins, then serve with roast potatoes, pumpkin and kumara with horopito to season.