Ka tirohia e Kai Time on the Road ngā kai me ngā hā taketake ā ngā iwi tūturu o Aotearoa.
BBQ Smoked Trout Kebabs
- 2x fillets trout
- 3x capsicum – red, green, yellow
- 1x large red onion
- 1 x can of pineapple chunks or fresh pineapple
- 3x cloves of garlic – finely diced
- Handful of dill – finely diced
- 1x tablespoon Olive oil
- 250ml sour cream
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Soak wooden skewers for 15 mins in water.
- Cut filets into even sized chunks – be generous, and continue with capsicum & onion.
- Thread pineapple chunk through the skewer first, followed by trout, capsicum, onion and lastly trout. Repeat twice.
- Brush on olive oil, season with salt & pepper, then place onto a hot grill until each side is charred.
- Then place into a smoker for 7mins.
- Plate up and drizzle a generous amount of dressing over the the kebabs.
- Dressing - Place all ingredients into a medium size bowl and mix until combined.