Jump to navigation
Jump to content
TV show sub navigation
Lamb Rack with Couscous
- 2x lamb racks
- 2x cups of golden breadcrumbs
- 3x leaves Mint
- 2x tablespoons Thyme
- 2x eggs
- Salt & pepper
- 2x cups couscous
- 2x cups of boiled water
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1x tablespoon of butter
- ¼ cup sultana’s
- 3x leaves Mint – finely diced
- Yoghurt dressing ingredients:
- 250g sheep’s yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons mint jelly
- 3x leaves
- Lamb rack – cut away extra fat and sinew. Massage salt into racks.
- In a bowl, place bread crumbs with finely chopped mint, thyme and pepper, then mix.
- In another bowl, break the eggs and whisk.
- Dip the racks into the egg, then into the breadcrumb mix, ensuring all the rack is covered.
- Cover ends of rack bones with tin foil, then into the oven for 20 mins on 160.
- When cooked, remove from oven, cover with tin foil and rest for 4 mins.
- Cut individually.
- Couscous – Place couscous, boiled water and lemon juice in a bowl and leave absorb for 3 mins. Fluff up with a fork and add butter, sultana’s and mint.
- Yoghurt dressing – place all ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined.
- Plate up – coucous on first, then arrange racks on top and drizzle yoghurt dressing over the top.