Ko te whakamāmā i ngā mahi maara paraumu kia hāngai anō ki ēnei wā te whāinga, e whiriwhiri ana i ngā tikanga taketake me te parapara Māori, kia puta ai ngā hua reka. Rāapa 29 o Hereturikōkā, 7.30 i te pō. Ka waatea te On Demand ki te ao.
- 4 x Large Paua
- 1 x Red onion
- 1 x 500mL bottle of cream
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove paua from the shell and wash.
- Cut the sack and gut from the paua and remove the teeth.
- With a sharp knife, thinly slice into even slices.
- Remove the skin from onion and dice into small pieces.
- Heat frypan on oven on a medium heat with two heaped tablespoons of butter.
- Place onion in frypan and sweat until the onion turns transparent.
- Add sliced paua, salt and pepper and fry until tender, check with your knife that it is evenly cooked.
- Add your cream and stir into your paua, then bring to a simmer.
- Once the mixture is thick and creamy, take out and serve into a large bowl.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and salt and pepper to taste.