Ūpoko 20 - Wairangi Koopu
Type of Exercise: H.I.I.T - High Intensity Interval Training
Intensity level: High impact
Instructor: Wairangi Koopu
Bio: Wairangi Koopu is a League legend (Warriors) turned actor having recently starred in Toa Fraser’s The Dead Lands, and presents on CODE.
Main exercise moves that feature in this episode:
- Noho Poraka = Frog Squats
- Tarapeke = Explodes
- Whana ka noho = Flare or kick sit
- Kuri Whakaheke = Downward dog
- Tū kererū = Pigeon pose
- To do a "Tabata," simply pick an exercise and set a timer for 20 seconds on and 10 seconds rest.
- Do the exercise as hard as you possibly can for 20 seconds and then rest for 10, repeating 8-20 times.