Jump to navigation
Jump to content
TV show sub navigation
Watercress soup with Crayfish tortellini:
- 12 fresh water koura (de-veined and finely chopped)
- bunch of watercress
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup peas
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 egg white (whisked)
- 9 wonton wrappers (pressed into circles)
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- water for boiling
- Add to a bowl koura, mirin, rice wine vinegar, chilli, coriander, egg whites and mix well, season with salt and pepper.
- Take a wonton wrapper, place on bench and put a spoonful of mixture into the middle.
- Wet around the edges with a little water and fold pressing together the edges then fold again and press to form a tortellini.
- Repeat until all wrappers are used, drop into a pot of boiling water and cook until tender.
- Sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Add chicken stock then bring to the boil.
- Add peas and watercress. cook for 5 mins and blend with stick blender and season.
- Ladle soup into a bowl.
- Put in a couple of tortellini and garnish with coloured micro cress.
Equipment: stick blender, stock pot, sauce pan